Monday, January 3, 2011

Sunshine and...sunburn.

Ooops.  Feeling a little toasted at the moment, and by toasted I mean by the sun.  I even have a flip-flop sun burn.  What was that famous song/speech of graduation year?  The sunscreen song?  Sure now I remember.

There's a little dog barking outside Marita's flat that I have not yet met.  I find myself desperately missing dogs, there just haven't been many that've crossed my path the past few days.

BUT I did see my very first South African butterfly today.  Touching moment.

Took some amazing pictures today, went to Bo-Kaap and walked around Cape Town all day.  (Hence the sunburn.)  Visited various African markets where the people selling items all repeat various forms of "Special price for you!" or "Closing special!".  And you know I'm not the only one getting the "special" price but they like to make me feel special.  Hey give me a deal, maybe I'll buy something.  Maybe I won't.

Marita, Angelina, and I are all headed out in a moment to spend the evening listening to jazz and drinking some South African red wine.  Loving this not working thing.  Too bad it won't last forever!

Oh and I promise pictures will come.  The internet here is a bit slower than at home so uploading pics takes a good chunk of time.  

No comments: