Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dancing.


I danced on Table Mountain today.

One of the most amazing wonders of the world.  Felt closer to the universe, regardless of how little I am in the world.  There's a certain power that comes from standing in the sky.  An insight to the inside of the self.  The little things seem to mean less when the view is so much bigger.  When seen from far away, so so small.

We took the cable cars up today which requires driving partway up the mountain and then hopping in a cable car that brings you right to the top of the mountain.  You can actually walk the entire length of the mountain on the top - there's paths of rock amidst few flowers but many plants.  We made it about halfway across but then came back to head back down in the cable cars before the lines got too long.  Lots of folks enjoying the fabulous view.

I will hike the mountain by foot in the weeks to come.  I sense there will be lots of hiking these next few months, just wonder who my hiking buddy will be.

Incredibly sunburned.  Went to Muizenberg Beach today to walk around.



Laid in the sand for only an hour, with sunblock on (apparently NOT strong enough) and ended the day with painted red lines of the sun's fierceness on my skin. The southern sun is a surprise when it first hits northern skin - very white skin in particular.  Advice to anyone who comes:  WEAR SUNSCREEN.  EVERY DAY.  It is officially a part of my daily regimen.

Will be sleeping on my back, straight as a plank.  Just hope I do not wake myself up by rolling over.

Good news is there's a few aloe plants lying around.  We picked a big piece today, right from the root, took it home - at first it was green slime being released.  Left it for a few hours, then it was red, like blood.  Feeling guilty for making a piece of the earth bleed.  But like people, when we make them bleed, they rebirth and recover.  I'll check on this nice little plant in a few days to see how she's doing.

Feeling peace.

No comments: