Sunday, January 2, 2011

Arrival

Here I am, in one of the most beautiful places in the world.

There's a palm tree outside my window.  Devil's Peak and Table Mountain are the distance.  We get the full view of Table Mountain with a little lean over the balcony.  Devil's peak has it's name because if you look with your imagination, you see the face of the devil.


Everywhere you go in Cape Town, you're in the shadow of the mountains.  In a few weeks I'll be moving to the house I'll be living at for the rest of my time here.  For now, I stay with Marita, house director/professor/friend/inspiration.

The first few days are almost like getting my feet swept up from under me.  Not bad, just a process.  There's so much of the US here:  Subway, KFC, shopping, much more.  Somehow these things make me feel home, even though the last thing I want to do is eat or shop at them!

Being half a world away doesn't feel so far, maybe because we have planes that pick us up and land us in another country with just a few hours of air time in between.  (Okay, maybe more than a few - the plane ride was FOREVER).  I sense my time here will fly by.

We're off to Kirstenbosch Gardens today for the afternoon and hopefully a concert there this evening.

The Universe is in full force here.  I cannot help but feel I'm where I'm supposed to be, right at this moment in time.

No comments: