Tuesday, March 15, 2011

gone exploring.

We leave for Johannesburg in the am.  I'd love to post an itinerary, but alas I do not have such a thing.  I'll find out tomorrow more.

So I'll be documenting and processing this week long vacation within a vacation as we traverse different museums and do fun exciting things in what's been called the New York City of South Africa (I don't know how true this is, but someone said it).  BUT, it's likely the blogging won't happen until my return so you all will just be bombarded with overdue copy and pasted posts.

We're going on safari the beginning of next week and I'm just all too excited to see those crazy wild animals that are much more stereotypical of Africa.  I want to pet one.  Okay, maybe I'll settle for just looking into its eyes from afar, praying it won't eat me.  Giraffes don't eat humans anyway - can you imagine?  A human being all lumpy in the neck of a giraffe like the cartoons we used to watch as kids when ducks swallowed animals too big to go down?  You can bet if I was stuck in the neck of a giraffe I'd be sticking my arms out in protest, maybe even a visible peace sign.  Ha.

You can tell it's late and I've done too much thinking for one day.  I'll be gone for a week but they'll be a bunch to read when I return.

Gone exploring.

No comments: